Ghana and Africa's Premier History, Heritage and Culture Festival
Akwaaba! Welcome! Bienvenue! Bienvenida! Willkommen! желанный! 欢迎! أهلا بك!
Join us at the Ghana, Africa and World's biggest, most authentic, exotic, explosive, spectacular, stunning, nostalgic and ecstatically irresistible Festival.
Supporting, Strengthening, Projecting, Building, Branding, Preservation, Conservation, Protection, Restoration, Promotion, Celebration, Reminiscence and Presentation of Africa and in particular, Ghana’s Pilgrimage, History, Heritage, Arts, Culture, Festivals, Socials, Lifestyles, Folklore, Gastronomy, Music, Dance, Entertainment, Excursions, Recreation, Leisure, Business, Sports and Religious Tourism, Travel, Vacation, Holidays, Hospitality, Homecoming and Events Image.
Through the Remarkable Social, Domestic, National and International Appeal, Image and Emotionalism. Of the Intrinsically Intertwined Africa and in Particular, Ghana’s Colonial Era, Transatlantic Slave Trade, Historical Occurrences and Struggles to Achieve Independence. The Impeccable Life, Works, Achievements, Legacy and Names of the Prominent, Famous and Foremost Pan-African Leaders and Gallant Heroes, the Six Iconic Personalities of the Efforts to Achieve Independence. Who are Affectionately Called “the Big Six”. And the Touristic Strategic Days and/or Period Leading Up to Ghana’s Independence Day Celebrations.
Planned, Organized and Hosted Annually to Herald, Usher in, Compliment and as Part of Ghana's Independence Day Celebration
From left to rights: Heroes of Ghana’s Independence Struggle "the Big Six"
Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Mr. Emmanuel Obetsebi-Lamptey, Dr. Ebenezer Ako-Adjei, Dr. Edward Akuffo-Addo, Dr. J. B. Danquah, Mr. William Ofori Atta
The Wait is Over and Completely Done With!
Finally, the much sort after and awaited Ghanaian and African Premier History and Heritage Festival is Here!
The BIG SIX FESTIVAL (B6FEST)
Ghanaian and African People, Places, Stories, History, Heritage, Culture, Socials, Lifestyles, Folklore, Sights, Sounds, Rhythms, Beats, Music, Dance, Arts, Crafts and Gastronomy Celebration and Reminiscence Time!
Add this epic event to your travel bucket list, make a personal history and get yourself into the history hall of fame!
Hosting: Annually to Herald, Usher in, Compliment and as Part of Ghana's Independence Day Celebration
Date: 28TH February - 5TH March (maiden edition 2021)
Host Region: Greater Accra (Regional rotation is under consideration)
Host City: Accra (And other regional centers, cities and towns nationwide)
"From our ancestors adventurous migration to this unique piece of land on the west coast of Africa located at the center of the earth and on the Greenwich meridian, settlement, formation of various intrinsically intertwined communities, towns, villages, ethic groupings, clans and family lineages, establishment of intricate native and traditional systems of administration, power, authorities and governance, institution of intriguing indigenous religious, cultural and traditional beliefs, practices, customs and norms. That very first arrival of Prince Henry the navigator and his explorer crew (1471), transatlantic slave trade, colonial rule, struggle for independence, attainment of independence and contemporary Ghana, spectacular monuments, edifices, sites, attractions, landmarks of conscience and anything in-between.
The Big Six Festival (B6Fest) provides a vibrant and formidable platform for a week of authentic, exotic, explosive, spectacular, stunning and ecstatically irresistible people, Akwaaba, smiles, laughter, hospitality, courtesies and friendliness. Education, history, heritage, culture, religion, socials, traditions and lifestyles. Arts, craft, folklore, drums, beats, music and dance. Drama, theatre, fun and entertainment. Gastronomy, cocoa and chocolate. Precious stones, minerals, natural resources, gold, diamond, bauxite and manganese. Wildlife, biodiversity, marine and ecosystems, nature, ecology, tropical rain forests, wetlands, landscapes, flora, fauna and adventure, coastlines, beaches, waterfalls, lakes, rivers, water and beach fronts, 24/7/365 sun, sea, sand, swim, surf and sports. Places, sightseeing, leisure, recreation, sports, active, healthy and sustainable living. Business, investment, vacation, holiday, travel and tours activities and experiences that serves as a prelude to Ghana's independence day celebration".
- To illuminate and elevate Ghana as a heritage, historical, social, cultural and religious Tourism destination, contribute to the broadening of independence day celebration activities, duration, depth, scope and range, all key factors in every tourist, visitor and travel decision making processes and will assist to elevate international tourist interest in Ghana’s independence day celebration through improved tourist and/or visitor experiences and activities which can have significant snowball effects of increasing tourists or visitors, visitor length of stay and spending.
- To celebrate the life, works, achievement and legacy of these illustrious sons of Ghana as a means of stimulating a new wave of consciousness, patriotism and reawakening in the youth by drawing lessons from the past to redouble their energies and effort towards the social, cultural, economic and political development of Ghana as a token for the enormous sacrifices made by the Big Six Festival (B6Fest) and other countless individuals who are the unsung heroes for the attainment of independence. Equally, the festival seeks to bring to the limelight, the Ex-servicemen who lost their lives and the incident which broke the camel’s back for increased agitation and eventual attainment of independence by Ghana.
- To position and carve a formidable niche for Ghana on the international heritage, historical and homecoming tourism market and thereby enhance Ghana’s tourism image internationally as a dominant historical, heritage, religious and cultural pilgrimage destination through the nostalgic and emotional antecedents, experiences, attachments and extreme social appeal of the iconic imagery, fond memories, life, works, achievements and legacy of Ghana’s famous and foremost Pan-African leaders and gallant heroes of pre-independence Ghana and Africa, independence struggles, in particular the Big Six Festival (B6Fest) within Ghana, African diaspora and across the globe especially, that of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah who was voted the African Personality of the millennium.
- Strive to create a craving and interest of the youth, African diaspora and international tourist to learn and gain new perspectives about Ghana's history, heritage, social, culture, traditions and religion. Reinvigorate, reignite and elevate Pan-Africanism, the African personality and identity. Crave international attention and recognition for Ghana, especially from Africans in the diaspora regarding the immerse contributions made by Ghana and for that matter, the Big Six and the first President, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah in the struggle and effort to bring down the curtains of imperialism and colonial rule on the continent of Africa and elsewhere in Africa and other parts the world.
- To provide educational and sensitization platform that will facilitate building knowledge, making of informed decisions relative to Ghana’s pre-colonial history/heritage, colonial past, transatlantic slave trade and as well as social, cultural, economic, democratic and political development. Additionally, the Big Six Festival (B6Fest) will hopefully, serve as the annual converging point for African and International political luminaries, students of geopolitical science, international relations, diplomacy, development, peace and security where future leaders will emerge for mentorship and grooming.
- To serve as the driving force for achieving and maintaining a paradigm shift towards the establishment of strong foundations for building a passionate, confident, team spirited and highly patriotic and selfless generation of future leaders within all fields of human endeavor. Specifically targeting females and the girl child. And as well as to facilitate building of political bridges between the diverse political groups within Ghana thereby helping to enhance democratic institutions and development.
- To serve as the catalyst for a tourism policy formulation paradigm shift towards an ambitious and vigorous arts and cultural tourism promotion in Ghana to generate the desired tourist visitation to Ghana. With the ultimate goal to create social, economic development, sustainable employment and incomes for the people and government through sustainable tourism. Whilst promoting and showcasing the depth of Ghana’s diverse culture, arts, traditions, lifestyles, music, folklore, history and heritage, wildlife, Eco and marine systems, biodiversity, natural resources, flora and fauna, internationally acclaimed extreme hospitality, courtesies and friendliness on the international stage.
- Africans living in the diaspora
- Domestic and International tourists
- History enthusiasts, followers and lovers
- Local authorities, traditional rulers, councils, chiefs and queen mothers
- Diplomatic missions, diplomats, dignitaries, celebrities and high profile personalities
- Students, educational institutions, academics, professional organizations, networks and institutions
- Authentic history, culture, arts, education, music, folklore, entertainment, leisure, recreation and sports lovers
- Domestic and international historians, academicians, experts, media, artists, public influencers, educational institutions and professional networks
- Enthusiasts, followers and students of especially international affairs, relations, diplomacy, geopolitics, colonialism and the transatlantic slave trade
- Historical, culture, arts, festival, events and tourism ministries, agencies, departments, professionals, groups, institutions, organizations, businesses and service providers
- Everyone who have the passion for history, loves to have fun and be part of the movement to achieve and maintain intercultural, diversity and ethnic understanding, appreciation and friendliness that amplifies communal peaceful co-existence and respect for each other’s historical background, religion, culture, ethnicity and gender
The Big Six Festival (B6Fest) promises to be the biggest, most innovative and creative African and in Particular, Ghanaian People, Places, Stories, History, Heritage, Culture, Socials, Lifestyles, Folklore, Sights, Sounds, Rhythms, Beats, Music, Dance, Arts, Crafts and Gastronomy exhibition, promotion, conservation, preservation and restoration event on Ghana and Africa's annual homecoming, vacation, holidays, recreation, leisure, tourism, travel and hospitality calendar!
Here is a unique opportunity to leave your footprints on this spectacular event!
Domestic and international historians, academicians, researchers, experts and traditional rulers/councils artists, musicians, performers and other creative professionals, media, public influencers, celebrities, educational institutions, events marketers, tour organizers/operators, travel agents, destination marketing companies, vacation, travel and tours marketers/bloggers, corporate, private and government institutions, organizations, ministries, agencies, departments, local authorities and volunteers are needed for strategic sponsorships, partnerships and collaboration!
Contact Kra Travel for any further details:
+233 541 741 202
+233 248 824 018
+233 264 475 836
+1 301 675 1358
+43 660 417 9011
+39 331 732 2339
+44 780 333 6925
Socialize with Kra Travel on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube @Kratravel
The mystic stone which vehemently resisted several attempts of removal from its present natural location to pave way for the construction of a road in the 14th century